Gah, how is it January 22nd already?! January seems to be flying by in a flurry of activity, but I'm not on top of it all enough to actually blog the events. I'll simply summarize our somewhat mundane (but busy) January happenings in the oh-so-appreciated bullet point update:
- With a few mishaps (i.e. intentional cheats), I have been plugging along at the 7 project, eating roughly 7 foods for a period of 30 days. I say "roughly" because all fruits and vegetables make up two of those categories.
- I had a hair appointment today, and on a whim I decided to take off a few inches and rock the chin-length bob - instagrammed picture featured above.
- last week I prepped dessert for 100 people at church for the first time in my life, using a recipe I had never before made: "Oreo Puddin' Poke Cake". In hindsight, I only needed to make cake for around 60 servings, but the excess has been frozen for future use.
- We experienced a minor flooding incident in our laundry room last week, which of course coincided with Ryan's complete unavailability as he was at a 2-day conference. And I know absolutely nothing about plumbing beyond that of a 5-year-old. After a couple of referrals from our neighbor, a plumber was over to snake out our plumbing and save what remained of the day.
- Blythe and Ryan gave Oscar a "bath" last night, showering with him in their swimsuits in the basement shower - I was not home at the time, which is probably for the best as I would otherwise have a video of the entire escapade. Blythe's highlight was apparently wearing her swimsuit without any underwear, because that's the first thing she mentions when asked about the adventure. Following closely as the next-best highlight was using the blowdryer on Oscar.
- I have attended two baby showers, a birthday get-together (with another birthday party set for this weekend) and a girls' night so far this month.....more activity than I expected, but I'm not mad about it!